All About Borrowing
How To Get A Library Card
Library cards are free. You must provide proof of your current address when applying for a library card. Parents must sign the library card application for children 17 years of age or younger.
Cards are issued at the time of application, at all branch locations and may be used at any of our branches. You may check out items immediately.
Library Cards1st card Free. Cards are good for three years at which point they will need to be renewed.
Replacement of lost card $1 for each card
Borrowing Privileges:50 items per library card
|Most books & other materials --||2 weeks||2 renewals|
|Popular video/DVDs --||2 weeks||2 renewals|
|Periodicals --||2 weeks||2 renewals|
|Bluebonnet Books --||2 weeks||0 renewals (2 Bluebonnet books per card)|
|Educational video/DVDs --||2 weeks||2 renewals|
Returning ItemsMaterials can be returned to any Brazoria County Public Library branch. All materials may be returned in the book drop when a branch is closed.
|Overdue Materials: Books and other materials||$.10/day per item|
|Maximum Fine per item||$5.00|
|Video and DVDs||$.10/day per video/DVD|
|Maximum Fine per video/DVD||$5.00|
FeesLost Item Charges - These are assessed on items which are declared lost by borrowers OR items which are overdue at least 6 weeks. The cost of the item may be refunded if the lost item is returned within 6 months of paying for the item and accompanied with the receipt. Charges are based on cost of the item plus nonrefundable $3.50 processing fee. Accrued fines will be assessed if item is found and returned.
Unique ManagementBrazoria County Library System has contracted with a collection company to help collect overdue and lost library materials. If materials are overdue more than 8 weeks, customers will be turned over to the collection agency and up to $10.00 fee will be assessed, which is non-refundable.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL MONEYS ARE PAID DIRECTLY TO THE BRAZORIA COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM AND NOT TO UNIQUE MANAGEMENT.
Unique Management Services will send multiple letters and will make multiple phone calls. Customers will be gently advised to promptly resolve the issue with their library.
Borrowing privileges will be suspended if $10.00 or more in fines are unpaid OR 10 or more items are overdue.
Materials and Services offered by the Brazoria County Library System
- Information provided in person and by telephone
- 500,000 books
- Books on Tape and other audio cassettes
- Large Print Books
- Foreign Language books and cassettes
- Coin-operated copy machines
- Microfiche/Microfilm reader/printers
- Interlibrary loans - you can borrow materials from any branch or even other library systems and have them delivered to your local branch
- Our catalog "On-line" is available at the library and offers you the options of searching by author, title and subject and a dictionary.
- Internet searching if available at our branch libraries
- For adults we offer reference and reader's advisory service, tax assistance during the tax season, and continuing education programs are offered on a wide variety of topics, check with your local library
- For children we offer reference and reader's advisory service, story-times for pre-school children, Summer Reading Programs for pre-school and school age children, other programs are offered check with your local library
- Meeting rooms are available to the public, check with your local library about reservations
- The Angleton Library has a Genealogy Room open to the public for family searches